Matrox Mojito with MAX
Professional Audio, Visual and Stage Lighting Equipment For Sale
Productiongear.com.au is an Australian based online Lighting, Audio, Visual store with the goal of supplying the event production and entertainment industry with quality sales at great prices. We supply professional audio, video and lighting equipment purchased from industry leading brands.
Pricing & Delivery
We keep our overheads down but storing minimal stock and passing on the savings to you but still providing a fast delivery time. In general our orders are processed and shipped within 2 - 5 working days, however stock levels are always checked and advised if there are any delays beyond 7 days.
Please note that for most items we do not hold stock and the goods will be shipped in from our suppliers as required and is subject to the availability of the suppliers stock.
All prices are AUD and include GST.
Delivery options will be available at checkout and are weight based for Australian Domestic deliveries. Prices may vary depending on your location.
Standard Shipping starts at $10 and scales depending on your location and total weight of order.
For a shipping quote please add your desired items into the shopping cart and proceed to check out. Shipping options will be displayed before payment.
Customer Pick Up
Our warehouse is located in Artarmon, Sydney, NSW and customer pick up is available on request. Please note that this is by appointment only.
Please note that all sales are final. We do not accept returns due to change of mind. Where exchanges are accepted all products need to remain in original condition in unopened packaging. We reserve the right to charge a restocking fee.
Primarily warranty covers defects in a product due to faulty materials or workmanship as long as the product is being used for its intended purpose. A product's respective warranty period is from the date of original purchase. To make a claim you will need your Productiongear.com.au Invoice as proof of purchase. Items returned shall be at the expense and risk of the owner whilst in transit.
Times & Contact
Our phones and email are attended to Monday to Friday 9.30AM - 5PM Australian Eastern Standard Time (GMT +10) however for any sales stock enquiries we recommend contacting us via email as we often need to check with our suppliers first.
Contact us on 02 9037 4175 Australia wide or shop(at)productiongear.com.au
ProductionGear.com.au is owned and operated by Fusion Entertainment Australia Pty Ltd, ABN 88 124 960 470
PO Box 664, Broadway, NSW 2007
Matrox Mojito MAX Professional I/O Card
The Matrox Mojito MAX is a dual-platform input/output device that performs hardware-based H.264 encoding and hardware video scaling (up, down, and cross conversion), and offers monitoring calibration tools. Best of all, it works with a long list of professional editing, effects, and encoding applications, so your existing software workflow will only be enhanced by the addition of a hardware I/O card that's as versatile as this one.
The Mojito MAX is a 3/4-length PCIe card that features HD/SD-SDI & HDMI input/output (along with embedded audio) and includes a breakout cable that accommodates a wide range of both analog & digital audio and analog video signal types. It's got inputs and outputs for composite, component, and S-Video; there's also stereo XLR input and stereo analog RCA output, as well as AES/EBU digital audio I/O.
If that's not enough, the cable also features an RS-422 input for machine control, and genlock I/O that supports both blackburst and tri-level sync. Included software enables you to calibrate your inexpensive HDMI monitor so that you can use it in a broadcast-level workflow.
These features will help integrate your editing suite into the larger video system of your facility, such as it may be, and the hardware-accelerated functions of the Mojito MAX card - H.264 encoding and real-time scaling - will help you get the most of your editing application by shouldering the burden of tasks that otherwise would be performed in software. With certain applications (especially Adobe Premiere for Windows), Mojito MAX will even hardware-accelerate some other processes, and its bundled software introduces functions that are missing from some applications, such as print-to-tape for Final Cut Pro X.
- Lightning-Fast H.264 Encoding
- Not only does Matrox Mojito MAX give you broadcast-quality input and output for your favorite editing app, it also turbo-charges your H.264 encoding for deliveries to the web, mobile devices, and Blu-ray - in a single 3/4-length PCIe card. MAX delivers up to 5x faster H.264 processing without sacrificing quality
- Get the Most from Your Favorite Professional Applications
- Matrox Mojito MAX amplifies your productivity with all the industry's leading editing and content-creation software for Mac and PC, as well as a wide variety of H.264 encoding, Blu-ray authoring, and streaming applications. (Enhancements vary by application.)
Editing: Adobe Premiere Pro, Final Cut Pro, Avid Media Composer, Boris Media 100
Content creation:Adobe After Effects, Adobe Photoshop, Apple Color, Apple Motion, Apple Soundtrack Pro, Eyeon Fusion, NewTek LightWave 3D
Streaming:Adobe Flash Media Live Encoder, Microsoft Expression, QuickTime Broadcaster, Telestream Wirecast
H.264 encoding:Adobe Encore, Adobe Media Encoder, Apple Compressor, Telestream Episode
Blu-ray authoring:Adobe Encore, Roxio Toast
- All the I/O You Need
- Matrox Mojito MAX gives you a full range of professional audio and video inputs and outputs, genlock, RS-422 machine control - plus 5.1/7.1 surround-sound monitoring on the HDMI output. See the Specifications for full details
- Matrox RT Engine
- The Matrox RT engine provides full-resolution, full-frame rate, full-quality, multi-layer, real-time video editing for Adobe Premiere Pro editors on the PC. It provides many of the benefits of GPU acceleration but works with any system, even laptops. You also get real-time Matrox Flex CPU effects such as primary and secondary color correction, smooth speed changes, and many more. A high-quality, highly-efficient MPEG-2 I-frame intermediate codec streamlines working with CPU-taxing footage such as AVCHD and XDCAM
- Closed Captioning
- Matrox Mojito MAX supports closed-captioning workflows with Final Cut Pro on the Mac and Adobe Premiere Pro on the PC
- Stream from Any Camera, Anywhere
- Matrox Mojito MAX is a convenient capture device for streaming live events. Choose your favorite app - Adobe Flash Media Live Encoder, Microsoft Expression, QuickTime Broadcaster, or Telestream Wirecast. Connect to any HD or SD video source via HDMI or analog
- 3D Production and Post
- Matrox Mojito MAX can be used in a variety of scenarios to assist cost-conscious content creators in 3D stereo production and post. Three popular workflows supported by Matrox Mojito MAX include: live 3D monitoring on set, quick creation of 3D dailies, and monitoring/editing 3D projects
Real-Time 10-Bit Hardware Scaling
- HD to SD Downscaling
- Real-time HD to SD downscaling is performed with proper conversion of the HD color space to the SD color space. Proper aspect ratio conversion to anamorphic and letterbox are supported on Mac and PC. Center-cut is supported on the Mac. You can monitor or record an SD master of your HD project in real time
- SD to HD Upscaling
- Real-time SD to HD upscaling is performed with proper conversion of the SD color space to the HD color space. Footage with a 4:3 aspect ratio will be "pillarboxed", 16:9 SD footage will be scaled to full screen
- Cross Conversion
- Real-time cross conversion from 720 to 1080 and 1080 to 720 is supported. Real-time frame rate conversion is also supported with 2:3:2:3 and 2:3:3:2 cadences. This feature is useful if, for example, your source material is recorded at a different frame rate or resolution than the delivery format your client requires. It also facilitates monitoring when, for example, you need to work with 23.98 fps footage but your monitor does not support that frame rate. You can use the real-time frame rate conversion feature to view your project at 29.97 fps. Conversion from 23.98 fps to 25 fps is handled by your editing application and the host
Monitoring and Monitor Calibration
- Inexpensive HD Monitoring
- Matrox Mojito MAX turns your HDMI monitor into a true-color video display you can trust, even for color grading. Thanks to the Matrox HDMI Calibration Utility, you won't need to buy expensive HD monitoring equipment. It lets an HDMI monitor perform like a broadcast HD/SD monitor with 10-bit 4:2:2 color precision.
Broadcast monitors are typically adjusted to meet ITU-R Recommendation BT.709 (also known as Rec 709), the broadcast industry standard for color representation. HDMI displays are typically not adjusted to meet this specification and they are likely to introduce additional signal processing errors that the viewer might not be aware of. The Matrox HDMI Calibration Utility provides a wizard that walks you through a set of patterns that lets you effectively identify and compensate for five improper adjustments that may be present in your HDMI monitor. The goal is to meet the Rec 709 specification as closely as possible, given the characteristics of your particular monitor
- True 1:1 Pixel Representation
- To accurately judge your video content, it is best to view it at its native resolution. However, some HDMI monitors scale the input signal by default. The Matrox HDMI Calibration Utility lets you easily identify if this is the case. Two of the five verifications that you can do with the Matrox HDMI Calibration Utility (gamma response and hue/chroma) require 1:1 pixel mapping
- White & Black Levels
- The white level is the intensity at which the monitor will display the whitest pixel. The black level is the intensity at which a monitor will display a black pixel. The Matrox HDMI Calibration Utility lets you use the monitor's controls and the Matrox device's hardware controls to get the gray ramp to show the blackest patch (black) and the whitest patch (white) while still being able to see the different patches. Performing these adjustments ensures that the widest possible color gamut is available to the Matrox device
- White Point
- The white point is the color of the white reference for a particular display. Rec 709 specifies 6500K as that reference which is equivalent to the color of a white sheet of paper when seen outdoors at noon when the sky is overcast. Using an iterative process, the Matrox HDMI Calibration Utility lets you establish your monitor's 6500K white point under your particular viewing conditions
- Gamma Response
- The input-to-output response of a broadcast video monitor is a nonlinear power function called the gamma response. The Rec 709 specification defines the gamma response expected of broadcast monitors. The Matrox HDMI Calibration Utility characterizes how your particular HDMI monitor's gamma response deviates from that defined by Rec 709 and creates a set of gamma correction curves (compensation equations). These corrections are then applied to the HDMI signal so that the colors displayed on the monitor will match the Rec 709 specification. Your HDMI monitor must support 1:1 pixel mapping to use this feature of the Matrox HDMI Calibration Utility
- Hue & Chroma
- The Matrox HDMI Calibration Utility includes patterns that let you ensure that the intensity of the primary and secondary colors are accurate. External references such as a blue-only button or a blue gel filter are not required, provided your HDMI monitor supports 1:1 pixel mapping
Free Matrox Productivity Apps
- Matrox Vetura Capture (Mac)
- Matrox Vetura Capture lets Adobe Premiere Pro, Apple Final Cut Pro, and Avid Media Composer editors on the Mac quickly and easily capture to many of the QuickTime codecs that are installed on their system, without opening a complete NLE. Popular full-raster codecs include Apple ProRes, Avid DNxHD, and Matrox MPEG2 I-frame HD. Popular thin-raster codecs include Panasonic P2 and Sony XDCAM HD
- Matrox Vetura Playback (Mac)
- The Matrox Vetura Playback application lets you quickly and easily play out any 1080, 720, PAL, NTSC, or smaller .mov file, including those captured with an iPhone, through your Matrox I/O device as long as you have the applicable codec installed on your system. Vetura Playback is ideal for playing back to air an H.264 file or for uploading it to a server. Before you go out to air, however, you can use Vetura Playback to proof the H.264-encoded file. It features an intuitive user interface with Mark In & Mark Out controls, and a still-capture function
- Matrox A/V Tools (Windows)
- Matrox A/V Tools is a Windows application that lets you use your Matrox I/O device to quickly and easily capture and play back your audio/video assets without opening a complete NLE. It lets you capture video from your camera or VTR into AVI files on your computer. The AVI files can be used in Adobe Encore, Media Encoder, and After Effects as well as many Video for Windows compatible applications. You can choose to capture to the uncompressed 8- or 10-bit codecs for the highest quality or to the highly efficient Matrox MPEG-2 I-frame codec at up to 300 Mb/s. If you need to work with a difficult-to-edit format such as XDCAM or AVCHD, using the Matrox MPEG- 2 I-frame codec as an intermediate format for editing greatly improves productivity. It features an intuitive user interface with Mark In & Mark Out controls, and a still-capture function
- Matrox MAX H.264 Capture (Windows)
- H.264 is the technology common to video viewed on the web, mobile devices, and Blu-ray discs. Matrox MAX H.264 Capture is a Windows application that lets you quickly capture directly to H.264 files from your camera or tapes using any Matrox I/O product with MAX. It makes it fast and easy to create dailies, to repurpose video that you have on tape, and to archive to Blu-ray. Matrox MAX H.264 Capture provides complete controls for the highest quality, lowest bit rate deliveries with default presets for many popular formats. It also lets you create the perfect custom presets for your jobs based on parameters such as resolutions, bit rates, encoding profiles, GOP structure, and frames rates, to name a few. This makes it perfect for quickly delivering H.264 dailies, for repurposing old videotape assets, and for archiving to Blu-ray disc
- Matrox DirectShow Filters (Windows)
- Matrox provides source filters for Microsoft DirectShow for Windows. Applications such as Adobe Flash Media Live Encoder and VLC Player can make use of these filters. Matrox DirectShow source filters can also be used by programmers looking to write custom software