Matrox MXO2 Thunderbolt
Professional Audio, Visual and Stage Lighting Equipment For Sale
Productiongear.com.au is an Australian based online Lighting, Audio, Visual store with the goal of supplying the event production and entertainment industry with quality sales at great prices. We supply professional audio, video and lighting equipment purchased from industry leading brands.
Pricing & Delivery
We keep our overheads down but storing minimal stock and passing on the savings to you but still providing a fast delivery time. In general our orders are processed and shipped within 2 - 5 working days, however stock levels are always checked and advised if there are any delays beyond 7 days.
Please note that for most items we do not hold stock and the goods will be shipped in from our suppliers as required and is subject to the availability of the suppliers stock.
All prices are AUD and include GST.
Delivery options will be available at checkout and are weight based for Australian Domestic deliveries. Prices may vary depending on your location.
Standard Shipping starts at $10 and scales depending on your location and total weight of order.
For a shipping quote please add your desired items into the shopping cart and proceed to check out. Shipping options will be displayed before payment.
Customer Pick Up
Our warehouse is located in Artarmon, Sydney, NSW and customer pick up is available on request. Please note that this is by appointment only.
Please note that all sales are final. We do not accept returns due to change of mind. Where exchanges are accepted all products need to remain in original condition in unopened packaging. We reserve the right to charge a restocking fee.
Primarily warranty covers defects in a product due to faulty materials or workmanship as long as the product is being used for its intended purpose. A product's respective warranty period is from the date of original purchase. To make a claim you will need your Productiongear.com.au Invoice as proof of purchase. Items returned shall be at the expense and risk of the owner whilst in transit.
Times & Contact
Our phones and email are attended to Monday to Friday 9.30AM - 5PM Australian Eastern Standard Time (GMT +10) however for any sales stock enquiries we recommend contacting us via email as we often need to check with our suppliers first.
Contact us on 02 9037 4175 Australia wide or shop(at)productiongear.com.au
ProductionGear.com.au is owned and operated by Fusion Entertainment Australia Pty Ltd, ABN 88 124 960 470
PO Box 664, Broadway, NSW 2007
TheåÊMXO2 (Thunderbolt)åÊfromåÊMatroxåÊis a device designed to provide all the features of an I/O card in a sturdy breakout box for your desktop. It's got connections for both professional audio and video, including an input and output each for HDMI, component video, composite video, and Y/C (S-Video); for audio, there's dual XLR ins and four outs as well as stereo AES/EBU and analog audio I/O. In addition, you've got an HD/SD-SDI input and two such outputs. Your options for high-quality monitoring couldn't be more versatile. And of course, this MXO2 includes a Thunderbolt adapter, which supplies the blazing-fast connection to a computer for a data transfer rate of up to 10 Gb/s.
Along with broadcast-quality audio & HD video input and output, the MXO2 provides calibration controls that include blue-only. Audio monitoring is a strong suit of the unit, as well: With six analog audio outs, you can perform full 5.1 surround sound monitoring. You also benefit from a wide variety of HD and SD workflows with Adobe Premiere Pro and Final Cut Pro thanks to Matrox MXO2's 10-bit hardware up/down/cross-conversion scaling engine and support for a wide variety of file-based formats and industry-standard codecs.
Note!åÊRequires a Thunderbolt cable.
- Key Features
- Works with Mac desktop systems and laptops with Thunderbolt ports
- Fits in a laptop bag
- 4-pin XLR power connector for AC or field battery operation
- HD/SD-SDI, HD/SD analog component, Y/C, and composite inputs and outputs
- RCA, XLR, and AES/EBU audio inputs and outputs
- Genlock ‰ÛÒ SD analog black burst (bi-level) or HD tri-level sync
- 10-bit HDMI input, output, and monitoring with calibration controls including blue-only via the Matrox Calibration Utility
- 10-bit real-time hardware up/down/cross-conversion on capture and output
- Up to five user selectable simultaneous video outputs: HD and/or SD on HDMI, SDI, and analog
- RS-422 machine control for frame-accurate capture and print-to-tape
- Captures to virtually all codecs, including Apple ProRes 422 HQ and 10-bit uncompressed HD
- File-based workflow support ‰ÛÒ XDCAM, XDCAM HD, XDCAM EX, P2
- RED workflow support
- HD-SDI closed captioning support
- Works with Adobe Premiere Pro, Final Cut Pro, Apple Color, Adobe After Effects and all QuickTime applications that support the V-out component
- Three-year hardware warranty and complimentary telephone support from Matrox
- Matrox MXO2 is a portable I/O device for the Mac. It fits into a laptop bag and connects directly to standard field batteries or the included AC power adapter
- HD and SD Inputs & Outputs
- Matrox MXO2 features professional inputs and outputs. RS-422 machine control is provided for frame-accurate capture and print-to tape with Final Cut Pro and Adobe Premiere Pro. A 4-pin XLR power connection is provided for AC or field battery operation. Up to five user-selectable simultaneous video outputs ‰ÛÒ HD and/or SD ‰ÛÒ on HDMI, SDI, and analog are supported
- Audio Inputs & Outputs
- Matrox MXO2 offers two channels each of RCA (unbalanced), XLR (balanced), and AES/EBU (unbalanced) audio inputs, in addition embedded audio on the HDMI and SDI inputs. For outputs, the box has six channels of analog audio via RCA, four channels of XLR, and dual AES/EBU channels
- Matrox MXO2 provides SD analog black burst (bi-level) or HD trilevel sync genlock. It can genlock to any type of video input or to house sync. Timing offset controls can be used to align your video output relative to your external genlock source to compensate for cable delays within your facility
- Capture to a Variety of Codecs
- Matrox MXO2 lets you capture to HD and SD codecs supported by Final Cut Pro and Adobe Premiere Pro. On a Quad-Core Mac Pro, you can capture HD to ProRes 422 HQ, DVCPRO HD, DV, DVCPRO, and DVCPRO50. On systems equipped with proper storage you can capture uncompressed 8- and 10-bit HD
- File-Based Formats
- Matrox MXO2 lets you work with file-based formats such as XDCAM, XDCAM HD, XDCAM EX, P2, and P2HD. You can play out these formats directly from Adobe Premiere Pro or Final Cut Pro. No intermediate codec is needed. Matrox MXO2 lets you play out these formats from a MacBook Pro without dropping frames
- RED Workflow
- RED users can benefit from Matrox MXO2 to capture, monitor, and play back on set. Back in the post suite, they can use Matrox MXO2 to work with 1K and 2K RED timelines and output to SD, 720, or 1080 via MXO2's real-time 10-bit hardware scaling feature
- HD-SDI Closed-Captioning Support
- You will no longer need to spend time and money recreating HD captioning data that is typically lost when editing projects in Final Cut Pro. Matrox MXO2 offers a unique workflow to capture, play back, and preserve closed-captioning data while editing. Nothing is destroyed even when trimming or color-correcting video clips. In addition, Matrox has worked with CPC, the closed-captioning software leader, to develop an innovative solution that allows the MacCaption software to encode, decode, edit, and create HD & SD closed captioning for use with Matrox MXO2. Matrox MXO2 also provides a cost-effective way to monitor HD timelines containing closed-captioning data on SDI and component SD monitors, while also inserting closed-captioning information into line 21 of active video for SD deliverables. You can deliver HD and SD masters containing closed captions simultaneously
- HD & SD Video Monitoring
- Matrox MXO2 turns your HDMI monitor into a true-color video display you can trust, even for color grading. It's packed with features that make it the ideal monitoring solution for Final Cut Pro, Adobe Premiere Pro, Apple Color, Adobe After Effects, and other QuickTime-based applications. You won't need to buy expensive HD monitoring equipment. In addition, MXO2's real-time downscaling feature lets you view your HD projects on an SD monitor
- HDMI Monitoring with 10-bit 4:2:2 Color Precision
- Matrox MXO2 lets you adjust and control your HDMI monitor exactly like you would a broadcast HD/SD monitor. Controls for hue, chroma, contrast, brightness, and blue-only are provided. This unique control gives you accurate color representation so that you can use your HDMI monitor even for color grading
- Pixel-to-Pixel Mapping on HDMI Displays
- Matrox MXO2 provides 1:1 pixel mapping on HDMI monitors that support this feature
- Real-Time Conversion, Capture & Output
- Matrox MXO2 lets you deliver in any format your clients demand. The 10-bit hardware scaling provides high-quality mastering
- Hardware Acceleration
- Matrox MXO2 offers hardware acceleration of Final Cut Pro Dynamic RT segments, HDV, and DVCPRO HD
- HD to SD Downscaling
- Matrox MXO2 provides real-time HD to SD downscaling with proper conversion of the HD color space to the SD color space and proper aspect ratio conversion to anamorphic, letterbox, and center cut. You can monitor or record an SD master of your HD project in real time
- SD to HD Upscaling
- Matrox MXO2 provides real-time SD to HD upscaling with proper conversion of the SD color space to the HD color space. MXO2 will "pillarbox" 4:3 footage and scale 16:9 SD footage to full screen
- Matrox MXO2 offers real-time cross-conversion from 720 to 1080 and 1080 to 720 lines. Real-time frame rate conversion is also supported with 2:3:2:3 and 2:3:3:2 cadences. This feature is useful if, for example, your source material is recorded at a different frame rate or resolution from the delivery format that your client requires. It also facilitates monitoring when, for example, you need to work with 23.98 fps footage but your monitor does not support that frame rate. You can use MXO2's real-time frame rate conversion to view your project at 29.97 fps. Conversion from 23.98 fps to 25 fps is handled by Final Cut Pro and the host
- AFD Support
- Via its HD-SDI connectors, Matrox MXO2 supports Active Format Description (AFD) transmission
- H.264 & .MOV Playback Application
- The Matrox Vetura standalone application conveniently plays back your H.264 and .mov files